We've put together a FAQ page for visitors to MitraSpec. If you're a part of this community, you are probably already familiar with the answers to these questions, but take a look and see if there's anything you think we left out. Is there anything you think new MitraSpec customers or people who are new to kratom in general should know that we didn't mention here? We appreciate your input.

~When will my order ship?
We ship orders Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Orders placed by 1:00pm Eastern Time will usually ship the same day, orders placed after 1 pm will usually ship the next business day. This is our general shipping policy but not a guarantee. There are occasionally times where circumstances prevent us from getting all orders shipped including; excessively high order volume or technical difficulties.

~How do I know what strain is right for me?
We have a variety of resources available to help you decide. You can choose the “Effect” category to find strains that match the effect you are looking for. You can also ask our A.I. assistant “Kratobot” for help choosing strains, or get help from employees and other customers in our Kratom Support Community, a social media-like discussion platform found at https://community.mitraspec.com

~How much should I take?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide dosing information as kratom is not recognized as a dietary ingredient by the FDA. We do provide a few resources where you can get answers to questions like this from other people in the kratom community since these people are not selling kratom they are free to offer whatever advice they can. In general we feel the best advice with all things like this is to start low and slow and work your way up to the lowest possible amount that gives the desired results.

~What is kratom?
Kratom Mitragyna speciosa is a plant commonly found in Southeast Asia. It is a relative of the coffee plant that has been used by locals for hundreds of years for its medicinal properties. It is most commonly taken in the form of a fine powder that is mixed in a drink, made into tea, or put into capsules. The most commonly reported effects of kratom are euphoria, energy, relaxation, pain relief, and anxiety relief. Because of these properties, kratom is becoming popular in the US as a natural alternative to prescription painkillers. The primary active ingredients in kratom are Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine, both of which are Opioid Receptor Agonists, meaning that they react with the same receptors as traditional opiates. For this reason, kratom has gained popularity as a natural option for people coming off opiates to reduce withdrawal symptoms.

~How big are MitraSpec’s capsules?
Our capsules are size #000 and contain approximately 800mg of pure kratom powder (may vary slightly depending on strain, moisture, and other factors).

~How many capsules equal a teaspoon?
A teaspoon of pure kratom powder is approximately 2.4 grams depending on the strain, freshness, and other factors. MitraSpec’s capsules contain about 800mg or 0.8 grams depending largely on the same factors. 2.4g per tsp / 0.8g per capsule = 3 capsules per teaspoon

~Do you make your own products or buy them from a manufacturer?
At MitraSpec we import and manufacture our own kratom products

~Are your products lab tested and can I see the tests?
Our products are lab tested by a 3rd party using a full FDA panel for dietary supplements. We do not make our lab test available to the public because when we have done this in the past the tests have been stolen and photoshopped to be passed off as someone else’s. While lab testing is extremely important, and you should always buy from a source that lab tests, the ease with which test reports can be faked, means you should never assume that just because someone shows you a lab test that looks official that their products are safe.

~What is your return policy?
We stand behind our product with a 14 day satisfaction guarantee . If you are not satisfied with your purchase contact us within 14 days using the form on our "Contact" page. We will offer you the option of receiving a replacement order or a refund. We may request that you return the unsatisfactory product so that we can examine it and learn what we can do to improve.

~Kratom is legal in Tennessee, why won’t you accept my credit card?
While kratom is legal in Tennessee, not all kratom products are and Tennessee has stricter laws than other states where kratom is legal. Because of this, our credit card processor has decided that they do not want to accept transactions from the state. This is their decision and though we have protested it, we have no control over it and it is something we have to deal with in order to be able to accept credit cards for kratom transactions. We apologize for the inconvenience, and do offer e-check and other payment options for customers in TN.

~Is there anywhere you won’t ship?
We do not ship to any postal code that is in a location with a ban on kratom. This list includes but is not limited to; Wisconsin, Vermont, Rhode Island, Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Sarasota County (FL), Denver (CO), and San Diego (CA). Please check your local city, county and state laws before ordering. Our site will not prevent your order from completing but our credit card processor will automatically cancel and refund any order that is placed from one of these locations.

~I know I have plenty of money available, why is my card getting declined?
Because credit card payments are processed by our European Union office, some banks may initially decline your payment. If this happens, you should be able to resolve the issue with a call to the number on the back of your card to let them know that the transaction is authorized. If you continue to have an issue, you can contact our customer service “payments department” email at payments@mitraspec.com Please Note: Repeated attempts to process a transaction that is declined may result in our payment processor “blacklisting” your account for 24 hours. During this period, you will not be able to use that card on our site or any other site that utilizes the same payment processor.

~I heard red strains are the best for pain / WD is that true?
Not necessarily. All strains of kratom contain the same alkaloids, some strains may have more of a particular alkaloid than others, but it is also possible for two different batches of the same strain to have a different alkaloid profile meaning the effects can be different from time to time even if it is the exact same strain. What works best for you may be very different from other people and is something that is best discovered through personal experimentation.

~Kratom suddenly stopped working for me, why?
There can be several different answers to this question and there’s a lot of information and suggestions on the internet about this topic. We always suggest by taking a look at the variables in your life. Diet, hydration, rest, stress, and changes can make a big difference in how we experience kratom. Hydration and rest are at the top of our list of things to check as these seem to have the biggest impact. While most people will admit that they are tired or don’t get enough rest, a lot will believe they are well hydrated when they are not. It is important to keep in mind that kratom is a raw, plant based product and as such is mostly fiber which absorbs a lot of water. If you’re finding kratom suddenly less effective than normal, start by looking at these factors first, then consider changing strains for a while.

~Why do packages seem to be taking longer than usual to be delivered lately?
While this is a question that can only really be answered by the US Postal Service, we have been noticing longer than usual delivery times with many orders. We know that COVID has played a big role in this, but there are also political factors at play as well as a huge increase in mail volume due to the increase in online shopping and election related mail. The holiday shipping season is approaching fast and will cause even more possible delays. Because of this, we recommend that you order sooner than you might normally and if you can, order extra to get you through for a little while if you do experience a shipping delay.